Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Griswold Christmas



So.

This was a big year for us.

We were able to buy our FIRST Christmas tree as a married couple.

Needless to say.. we were excited.

One might say a little TOO excited.

We quickly decided that because this was our first tree.. we wanted a big one! Did we measure the 
tree? no. Did we measure our ceiling? nope. But we had found our tree! 

One can guess what happened next.

When we got home we realized this lovely tree of ours was WAY to big for our home. It not only was touching the ceiling but it was also covering up my bar.

We then had to trim the trunk ((after going to lowes and buying a saw)), trim the top ((while I am IN the tree trying to hold it in place)), then moved the bar and placed the tree in the far back corner.

Thankfully it works. It is large. It is very out of place.  It only has three ornaments. But I kind of love it that way...because it is our first tree :). 

xo

anna lizbeth



17 comments:

  1. oh my too funny! the tree looks so great! congrats on your first tree together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love the Christmas Vacation movie! A classic year after year. We aren't putting up a tree this year :( because we'll be gone most of Christmas!!!

    Happy to hear you had a wonderful time though!!!

    Xo-L

    simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a hilarious little adventure. I miss the days of having a real tree. My apartment doesn't allow real trees...because they're a fire hazard or something. Enjoy your first Christmas tree together!
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha that's awesome! I LOVE real trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're just too cute, Anna. Congrats on your first tree... a big one! For our first tree we made a tree out of BOOKS, which is so us and was so much fun. Pics here: http://makingroomwithus.blogspot.it/2011/12/its-beginning-to-look-lot-like.html.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. This is so funny. Its beautiful. HUGE. But beautiful!

    Tara

    http://tarabelle-adropofink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This all just makes me so happy. I think your tree is the best. I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great tree, even though it's large! I love it! we are buying our first tree this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Christmas tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehe you guys are so the Griswolds!!! I LOVE it!!! :) I can just picture you IN the tree, holding it up awkwardly while he's sawing it down! You'll definitely never forget this one! ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is amazing haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have nominated you for the Liebster award. Check out my blog for more information :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! HUGE! I love it!! So great!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAHAA you are so cute!!! that tree is amazing and wonderful, because it is your first tree!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds pretty perfect to me! I love that it only has 3 ornaments on it :-) Enjoy your first tree together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That tree is huge! Our tree is huge too... and I truly believe the bigger the better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That tree is huge! It'll be a good memory though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...