Friday, March 8, 2013

28 days.


It feels like it was just yesterday when my husband and I were headed to Bama in our Uhaul. I was so nervous for this stage of our lives. We had never been to Alabama, we did not have a place to live and we did not know a soul. My biggest prayer was to meet ONE person who could help me get through flight school. Not only did I get 1 friend.. but I found 3.



Our time is near the end. We have 28 days to pack up our place and head back to California. 

I am not ready. 

I have loved my time here. Being an Army wife is a pretty good gig. Especially when you find women who can help you through.


I am going to miss our mimosas in the afternoon. Driving 40 minutes to Target, trips to the beach, themed parties each weekend and our lazy days spent together.

I have to keep reminding myself that it is a good thing that I am sad to leave, because it means that I have made lasting friendships that are worth missing.



Thank you, friends, for making my time here in Bama. It would not have been the same without you.

xo 
anna lizbeth

10 comments:

  1. awe it's so sad to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so bitter sweet but I'm so blessed to have you in my life! Thanks for making me cry. Love you Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always miss the people most when we moved, but the fun thing about the Army is that you will probably cross paths again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is amazing that you met so many friends during your time there. they awill always be apart of your life! such a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so grateful for the friendship the four of us share. I wouldn't have made it through without you guys. Who would have ever thought we would WANT to stay here?

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's so great that you were so blessed with amazing friends. it's always hard o leave after finding great people in your area but i know you'll find more amazing gals back in cali!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how well I can relate to this as a fellow Army wife! We have been so richly blessed by friendships in our short time thus far in Sicily. Most of our friends are PCS-ing this summer, though, and I am curious as well as a little worried about who may or may not replace them. But God provided these friends... so I know He can do it again!

    beccagarber.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw this is SO sweet!!! cheers to sweet seasons of life, and new chapters too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. moving is so bittersweet, isn't it? I always have to remind myself that there are potential friends anywhere we could go. Nothing will replace THOSE friends, but new and beautiful seasons lie ahead. good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...